Saturday, March 8, 2008

House Hunting in Memphis


Well, after 3 frantic days in Memphis, we finally found a house that Nick & I both agreed upon.  I wanted a house that was a little bit different but it didn't have a yard, and Nick insisted on having at least somewhat of a yard, so we found a house that had a pretty big yard and a floor plan that I liked.  It has 4 bedrooms (although we'll use one as a bonus room), 2 baths and an expandable area.  It's in a really pretty neighborhood and we are just down the road from two other oral surgery residents.  I met their wives & really liked them!  Also, they both have 4 year old boys, so Dylan will have playmates when we move there.  It's in a nice area close to a lot of shopping.  We won't even have to go on the freeway to get to anything.  But it is a little bit of a commute for Nick (like 20-25 min.).  We'll be moving out there in May later this year.  We're sad to be leaving all our friends in Village Green, but excited at the same time to start something new.  Hopefully someone will come and visit us sometime!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

oh the house is beautiful and I am sooo jealous!! look at the yard wow!! I love it. Can't wait for us to come visit. i don't want you guys to move but still we will come visit!

Michelle said...

I'm very jealous! I can never buy a house around here - I can't find anything for under $500,000! Would love to come visit during the summer... I'll email you!
ps. you listen to country music now??? lol :-)

Marshall and Dana said...

your house looks great! Beautiful yard.

The Branco Family said...

Yea...you weren't kidding about how awesome the house is. I'm super jealous! We live in a house on base smaller than the your house on Arbor Ct! We're planning on getting into the new housing her on base when Scott's done with pilot training, but that may not be until Christmas. Consider yourselves very lucky!
See you in April! : )

becca said...

wow.. a real house to live in! how exciting and you get to excape the omaha winters. That was fun the other day chillin out in the sunshine with our babies. i hope it warms up again soon! I am so jealous you went to the carrie underwood concert and how she put makeup on after every costume change...

Unknown said...

Nice house kids! I have been through memphis a few times for work and I like the city. Excited for you! We will make the trip out to see you guys if we ever get invited... :)
Be good.

Barry, Maren and fam.

Carolyn said...

The house is very pretty. We are living in Bartlett.