Saturday, May 17, 2008

Moved to memphis

Well we are finally here.  Actually we arrived Sunday night, but I have been slacking with the blog.  We are pretty much completely unpacked which is a major accomplishment for us!  So far we have just been running around buying stuff.  I didn't think moving would be nearly as expensive as it has been!  A lot of that is due to the fact we have a yard to maintain now, and we had no lawn mower or gardening tools before.  We plan on not letting our flowers die (like we did in village green!)  I love having a house with lots of space!  I also love that every store I can possibly think of is 5 minutes away!  The mall is that close too!  I don't know if I am ever going to have to drive further than that the whole 4 years we are here!  It is crazy how much shopping there is all around us.  Actually memphis is the only place I know of that puts churches in shopping centers!  I found that rather strange.  Dylan loves it here but is not used to being on his own so much.  In Omaha he played with friends 24/7.  Now it is really different and when he brings up his Omaha friends it makes my heart ache for him.  I think I am going to buy him some fish or something cause I feel bad for him!  Hopefully when he starts preschool this year, he will have a chance to be more social.   We are going to Utah for a couple weeks at the end of May so hopefully it will be a little bit of a vacation.  Nick promises we will do fun things instead of sitting around his parents house, so we'll see.  I wanted to post pictures of our last events in Omaha but I can't find the cord to upload our pictures so that will have to wait.  Hopefully soon though!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We told Jantsen that he can have a turtle or a fish because he has been so lonely! The day we got back from Florida, the first thing he said in the morning is "Can Dylan come over and play?" We miss you guys tons!! I will call you to see how things are going! I am glad that the unpacking is done! Congrats!!

Marshall and Dana said...

Way to go on being unpacked! Im not! Lexi totally misses her friends and I feel so bad for her. We have bought quite alot too. It is very expensive. My man needs to start working ASAP!!!! Call me when you are board. Talk to you later!

8426 STICKNEY AVE said...

Way to go. your new best friend will be along shortly. Call me...